[TUHS] Fwd: Helping in the battle against SCO

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Thu Sep 11 10:41:49 AEST 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Norman Wilson wrote:
> I don't see how any diffing we do will make any difference
> `in the battle against SCO.'
[snip]

Some ways that I can see it being a good thing to do:

  If SCO holds up a piece of common code and the good guys have no
  response, that is bad.

  If SCO holds up a piece of common code and the good guys already know
  that it actually came from BSD, and are prepared to demonstrate such,
  that is good.

  If SCO holds up a piece of common code and the good guys already know
  that it was contributed to Linux by SCO/Caldera themselves, and are
  prepared to demonstrate such, that is good.

  If there is infringing code, it should be taken out of Linux as quickly
  as possible.

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi