[TUHS] Sprite

Cornelius Keck cornelius at mail.keck.cx
Wed May 26 22:19:19 AEST 2004

I looked at the Berkeley repository last night, and did not
see some files required to run Sprite directly from disk --
for instance, the Sparc bootimage (sun4.bt or so) seems to
be missing, or I'm overlooking it, in my coffein-deprived
state of mind.

Anyway, googling "sprite cdrom" returns pointers to
www.rdg.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.cdrom.com/pub/cdrom/cdroms/sprite/...
Conveniently, www.rdg... does not resolve. www.mirror.ac.uk, on
the other hand, does, and Sprite seems to be at that very location.
The stuff underneath contains 4.8M of tar'd stuff. I don't have
the CD (would *love* to get a copy, or the ISO), so I can't
check if the contents are identical to the CD (somehow it does
not sound like it), but the stuff on mirror... only contains
a listing of the files on the CD, not the actual CD contents :(

Come to think of it.. I do have a few Sparc 2 machines, with
a few improvements (like 128MB RAM, Weitek PowerUp), and would
like to give Sprite a spin. I'm all for adding the Sprite ISO
to the archive!

- Cornelius