[TUHS] Sprite

José R. Valverde jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es
Wed May 26 20:01:51 AEST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:35:06 +0930
"Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog at lemis.com> wrote:

> >> The distribution is still available at
> >>
> >>       http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/projects/sprite/
> >
> > I have looked everywhere for the cdrom of sprite. I saw a book about
> > it a long time ago at a bookstore and almost bought it. Some very
> > good theory and code was in the book if I remember right.  I don't
> > guess any one would have the Walnut Creek cdrom of sprite that they
> > would convert to an ISO and make available?

Ditto.

The distribution is still at the above URL. What you will find there
is the contents of the CD.

I got the CD from walnut Creek. Later on, after a position move I looked
back in the web for any updates and came to this URL which after comparison
with the CD turned out to have the same contents.

If you want the CD, you can download the URL tree and burn one yourself,
or I may convert the CD to an image and put it somewhere if that's too
onerous.

BTW, under Linux I don't care about DD'ing with block sizes CDs. I just
	cp /dev/cdrom image.iso
Oh well, maybe blocking is lost, but the stream of bytes remains, and
blocking is restored when cdrecord burns the image back. I seem to
remember having done the same in other Unices as well... and even on
VMS.
	These opinions are mine and only mine. Hey man, I saw them first!

			    José R. Valverde

	De nada sirve la Inteligencia Artificial cuando falta la Natural