[TUHS] PDP-11/23 plus minicomputer

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Wed Aug 10 07:15:28 AEST 2005

> There are 2 disks marked "system" on them. [...] As part of the Unix
> Heritage Society, I believe we need to keep this system intact.

Why do you think the disks are Unix-related?

I'm not saying that it's impossible to run Unix on a 11/23 (in fact I
was the one who recovered RL02 packs with V6 hacked to run on a 11/23)
but it's 99.99% certain that this system ran either RT-11 or RSX-11,
given the context.

Now, if the buyer is dumb enough to buy the system and not use the
disk drives, it's his responsibility to figure out how the heck he's
ever going to boot the OS.

Tim.