[TUHS] [pups] Two matters, two questions

Andru Luvisi luvisi at gmail.com
Fri May 11 03:12:02 AEST 2007

On 5/10/07, Wesley Parish <wes.parish at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

[snip]
> That's the first matter/question.  The second one is to do with /rdb, which a
> quick search on Google informs me, was written by Walter V. Hobbs of Rand
> Corp., and was placed in the public domain.  It apparently is at:
> ftp://ftp.rand.org/pub/RDB-hobbs
> but I can't get through to it.
>
> Is there any copy of it extant at some site where I can get through to it?
> (I'm aware there is a software publisher that sells a more up-to-date version
> of it, but I'd like to play with the original  and bring it up to date
> myself ;)
[snip]

Hopefully one of the following will work for you:
  ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/unix/databases/flat-file/RDB/RDB-2.6d.tar.gz
  http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/RDB-2.6d.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-stable/All/rdb-2.6d.tbz

You may also be interested in NoSQL:
  http://www.scriptaworks.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/NoSQL/HomePage

and reldb:
  http://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/usenet/comp.sources.unix/volume20/reldb/