[pups] Suitable PDP11s, in the UK

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Fri Nov 2 23:38:54 AEST 2007

On 2 Nov 2007, at 10:34, Wesley Parish wrote:

> I'm thinking this would be the way to solve this sort of problem in
> one fell
> swoop, if as I suspect is likely, it is impossible to find a
> working and
> available PDP-11 in the UK.

It's a cool idea, but I think it depends.  That would be a bit like
making a vintage car.  People do that (even without the intention to
fake them - there are, I think, many more type 35 Bugattis in
existence than were ever made), but sometimes you want a vintage car,
or computer, because it's vintage.

--tim (owner of a vintage car, but also owner of an electronic enigma
replica...)