[Unix-jun72] more corrections

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Fri May 2 03:03:48 AEST 2008

> I made some more minor corrections; turns out the commands in e00-01
> around "4;4" are wrong, those lines are needed or the IOT dispatch
> vector ends up in the wrong place.
>
> I suspect, in the end, most of the "hand written" corrections should
> ignored.

I'm suspecting the opposite.. I went through all of the comments in
notes.txt about hand written corrections and read through the code to
see if they make sense or not and it seems like all of the corrections
did make sense in the code and the original code that they replaced
did not.  I updated the code to reflect this and added comments to
the notes file.

btw, there are still a bunch of unresolved symbols in the low address
vector tables.. I took a look at the assembly memory dump last night
(and also committed code in tools to convert the a.out to a bunch
of simh deposit commands).

> I had to add KE11A support to simh;  I mostly copied the code from
> apout.

This discussion of hardware is making me wonder -- does this nail down
the hardware?  The 1ed manuals mention tht they ran on a 24kbyte
pdp 11/20, but that they were eying an 11/45.  My reading of the code
was making me lean towards the original 11/20 configuration, but it
sounds like some of these features might be present in the 11/40 or
11/45?

> I'll put a tar file on my web site with the modified simh source.

speaking of modifying simh, we may have to map one of the similar
serial devices in at the dc11 address to support ttys.  simh doesn't
support the DC-11, but when I asked on the simh mailing list someone
mentioned that one of the existing devices is very similar with
less support for modem control lines.

> -brad

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/