[Unix-jun72] more corrections

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri May 2 03:10:43 AEST 2008

Tim Newsham wrote:

> This discussion of hardware is making me wonder -- does this nail down
> the hardware?  The 1ed manuals mention tht they ran on a 24kbyte
> pdp 11/20, but that they were eying an 11/45.  My reading of the code
> was making me lean towards the original 11/20 configuration, but it
> sounds like some of these features might be present in the 11/40 or
> 11/45?

Use of EAE is HIGHLY unlikely on anything after the 11/20.
There was a better solution (EIS) for the 11/40 and forward.

The note for the Jan 73 talk mentions they were still working on writing
the 11/45 version, which puts the release well after the code you're working
with.

Still looking for EAE docs. May have to scan an 11/20 handbook to get it.