[Unix-jun72] more corrections

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Fri May 2 03:47:33 AEST 2008

Tim Newsham wrote:
>> I wonder... hmmm.  if the V1 a.out header where 12 bytes long, then
>> everything would just automagically work.
>
>The 1ed man pages are online.  I looked at them and it said that the
>header consists of 6 words, but that the text length included the
>header size.  However, I had to skip the first 16 bytes of the
>text segment (including header) to line up the various labels in
>u0.s (.=orig+100,  .=orig+200, etc..)

yes, I think 0405 and 0407 a.out's are different.

I believe the V7 headers are 16 bytes and the text section starts at zero.
(heh, memory management)

The v1 headers are 12 bytes and the text section starts at 014 (i.e. the
header is part of the text section and *it* begins at zero, not the code)

So, if we assemble with the v7 as we need to adjust things a bit.

-brad