[Unix-jun72] Import V1 filesystem trees into svn?

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Tue May 6 16:53:29 AEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 12:57:44PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Perhaps we do the same as we have done with patches:
>
> 	fs/root == original files as per s2 tape
> 	fs/usr  == original files as per s2 tape
> 	fs/newfiles == new files to add to images
> 	fs/buildroot == modified root	(not in svn)
> 	fs/buildusr == modified usr	(not in svn)
> 	tools/xxx	== script to build root and usr

I've imported fs/root and fs/usr into the svn repository with the files from
the s2 tape, and fs/new has Tim's etc/init so far. I haven't written any
scripts to make filesystem images yet.

Rather than use the file owner/permissions on the fs/ files, I'll modify
mkfs.c to read a table a la the rawperms table in tools/mktape.py, so that
the exact owner/perms get put into the V1 filesystem images.

Cheers,
	Warren