[TUHS] UNIX turns forty

Michael Kerpan madcrow.maxwell at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:28:30 AEST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:12 AM, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> NetBSD should work on vax :)

But it's not System V, now is it... For some, that may be an
advantage, but if you want to run SysV for some reason, then BSD, be
it of the 4.3 or the NET variety isn't really the answer. Maybe we can
lean on Novell to update the Ancient Unix license and add Sys III and
Sys V (or at least at the versions prior the SVR4), though. It
couldn't hurt.

Personally, though, I'd rather see V8-V10 of research Unix made
available. It would be interesting to see firsthand how we got from
Unix to Plan 9...