[TUHS] /usr/bin on V7?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:53:44 AEST 2011

When I boot V7 in SIMH (pdp11), I get a root shell and a root filesystem,
but...  I see that /usr/bin is on root's default PATH, but I have no
/usr/bin directory.  Is there some way I could get a /usr/bin with
additional executables, to get the full flavor of V7?

By way of introduction, I first started with *ix on an AT&T 3Bmumble, and
started really getting into it with SunOS 4.1.1.  I've recently become
interested in trying a large number of different *ix's - I guess it was the
ease with which VirtualBox allowed many of those, and then seeing Nordier's
V7 port to x86 got me curious about trying some really old versions - he
mentioned that there was a pdp11 emulator available...