[TUHS] K&R C on a modern Linux box? ( was Re: I swear! I rtfm'ed )

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 16:16:00 AEST 2014

Hey, thanks, Derrik.
  I don't mess with Linux much (kind of an Illumos junkie by trade ;), but
I bet gcc would.  I did out of curiosity do it with the Macintosh cc (Apple
LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.40) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)) and it throws
warnings about our not type-defining functions because you're apparently
supposed to do this explicitly these days, but it dutifully goes on to
assume int and compiles our test K&R stuff mostly fine.  It does
unfortunately balk pretty badly at the naked returns we initially had,
though.  Wish it didn't because it strikes me as being beautifully simple..

thx again for the encouragement!
jake