[TUHS] Work I've done with a PDP-11 simulator

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun May 11 10:51:33 AEST 2014

    > OK, I have whipped up some material on how to bring V6 up under
    > Ersatz-11. See here:
    >   http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/unix/V6Unix.html

New location (although the old one still works):

  http://www.chiappa.net/~jnc/tech/V6Unix.html

So it turns out there was a bogon on the old version of this page: it claimed
the Windoze version of 'tar' needed Unix system mods (which is incorrect, it
was the version for V6 which needed the mods - cut and paste error). Fixed now
(it's useful to have a Windoze 'tar' because some of the old TAR files in the
archive can't be read by modern tools), and a certain amount of new material
added to the page overall.

    > There is more content/pages coming: the start of an 'advanced things
    > you can do to improve your V6 Unix' page

I've upgraded that somewhat to a complete page (although I'll probably add
more at some point in the future, e.g. I have a version of 'ps' which shows
sleep channels symbolically, text slots as ordinals, etc but I need to tweak
it a bit before I bring it out). The page is here:

  http://www.chiappa.net/~jnc/tech/ImprovingV6.html

now, although the main page links to it too.

And I have another page coming, e.g. a 'what to look out for when you're
porting stuff to and from V6' guide. Etc, etc.

	Noel