[TUHS] System III - TCP/IP

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Nov 9 18:15:51 AEST 2015

Nick Downing <downing.nick at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can most likely implement a split I/D architecture by having code
> execute out of a different segment than data, although I haven't
> checked the datasheet so I don't know for sure if this is possible.

I have 3 different MMUs available. Stack, Code and Data it is called in
the Circuit diagram. I probably have to lookup the references but I still
don't get why the kernel can only work with 64k of RAM as it is right now
compiled as a segmented programm and uses more memory already with SysIII.
Only the boot0-loader is compiled unsegmented and also some small
utilities. Every other portion of the system uses the segmentation features
of the Z8001 and is not limited to 64k adressable space.

The system has right now MB of