[TUHS] SVR 3.2

Tom Manos tom.manos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:46:23 AEST 2017

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask...

I started my home UNIX hobby in the mid-1980's with Microport SVR2 on Intel
286. With a couple of modems I started a public access UNIX system in
Hampton Roads, VA.

That system graduated to SVR3.0, 3.1, 3.2 on 386, and finally 4.2 with 4
modems running on an AST 4-port card on 486. That was about 1992 when I
started an ISP using SVR4.2. That ISP, also in Hampton Roads, grew quite
large. We were in 100 cities and partnered with newspapers and managed
their content on the brand new web. By then we had graduated to large Alpha
systems and Sun Enterprise.

Now I'm all grown up and and experiencing a 2nd childhood. I run SVR4.2MP
here on a real dual processor Pentium system, but I'd like to get back to
SVR3.2 on period hardware, and later to r2.

My problem is I don't have a copy and don't know where to find one. Do any
of you happen to have a diskette (or disk image) set you can part with?
Ideally I'd like a development system and networking. But I've always been
an optimist :)

I'm happy to pay reasonable fees.

Tom