[TUHS] Unix stories, Stephen Bourne and IF-FI in C code

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Jan 10 02:03:27 AEST 2017

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM, <arnold at skeeve.com> wrote:

> I remember the Bournegol well; I did some hacking on the BSD shell.

​Yep - lots of strange things in source debuggers.​

> In general, it wasn't too unusual for people from Pascal backgrounds to
> do similar things,

​When we did Magnolia & Tektronix the ex-Xerox/Alta guys lusted for
Cedar/Mesa et al - and quickly discovered the Bournegol idea.  ​

I shook my head/shrugged my shoulders, but it made them happy and they
quickly wrote some pretty cool tools, like an ECAD system.