[TUHS] the guy who brought up SVr4 on Sun machines

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Thu Jan 12 10:07:17 AEST 2017

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> > But that SVr3 beast is not in Svr4.
>
> Correct, it got dumped in favor of the VFS layer from SunOS, which I
> said already.
>
> My point is that you were telling Berny that the FSS wasn't from
> SV but it was.

Please refresh your memory and have a look at the sources...

The first of the two SunOS tables I am referring to is called "vfssw". I
thought this was what he referred to. I thought that he knows that what Svr3
used to have, did not make it into Svr4.

And BTW: Wikipedia is of low quality and unusable when something may be related
to religion. Check e.g. how long it took to name Konrad Zuse as the inventor of
the first usable computer. When I look at Wikipedia, I check whether the
references are trustworthy before I believe the claims.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin