[TUHS] Source code abundance?

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Mon Mar 6 05:10:28 AEST 2017

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 05, 2017 at 07:26:23PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > give verifyable statements.
>
> I wouldn't have to say anything if you did that.  I can't remember a
> single time you were correct when you were talking about Sun history
> when I was there.  Maybe there was such a time but by all the statements
> I remember you making were way off the mark.
>
> As the person who is making claims, the onus is on you to provide
> references when you are challenged.  I don't want to argue with you and
> I'm not going to.  If you want people to believe you, however, you're
> gonna need to back up your claims with, as you say, verifyable statements.

If your claims have been verifyable, I of course would have corrected myself.

While I was able to verify that you edited the system include files from
SunOS/Solaris to make them POSIX compliant, Is was not able to verify that you
worked on the kernel code. My conclusion therefore is that we both got our
information about the kernel from hearsay.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin