[TUHS] UUCP: working systems, come and get them

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Mar 10 08:28:55 AEST 2017

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 01:57:05PM +0100, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Is it ok to do experimental testing with that host?  I've never set up
> uucp, so I do not yet know quit what I'm doing.

Neither have I! But yes, feel free. In yur SimH .ini file, put (or change)
this line to say:

attach dz line=0,Connect=simh.tuhs.org:5000

which will connect /dev/tty00 to simh.tuhs.org port 5000. Then
set up your L.sys file with a line that says:

seismo Any;9 DIR 9600 tty00 "" "" ogin:--ogin:--ogin: uucp ssword: uucp

so that the uucp site seismo can be contacted via /dev/tty00. Then you
can try doing:

# echo hello there | mail seismo\!root
  <wait a few seconds>
# /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -sseismo -x7

and you should see the debug information with parts of the uucp conversation.

Cheers, Warren