[TUHS] TECO was: Re: basic tools / Universal Unix

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Thu Nov 16 05:52:19 AEST 2017

Suddenly I fell like I'm in a TECO support group ;)

I have my own implementations of TECO - both on UNIX and MSDOS (of all
things). They both do colorization of structured programming, something
that preceded EMACs colorization by a few years.

I always wondered if my released MSDOS version of TECO gave people ideas.

When did EMACS start coloring things? I started it in my TECO as of
around 1984-1985 - it supported it in text strings, parentheses, etc.
 From my MSDOS version, showing some MASM code:

The structured macros were inspired by Bruce Maier's structured macros
he did for MACRO-10 on TOPS-10 in the mid to late 70's.