[TUHS] RetroNet…

Cornelius Keck ckeck at texoma.net
Fri Aug 31 11:09:19 AEST 2018

I'm playing with the idea of hooking up a modem to my wireline phone.
I'd like to keep an eye on my late mother-in-law's place remotely. Best
I can get out there is DSL, and it ain't snappy, so one idea is to get
two Telebit Trailblazer modems, one here, one out there, dial into the
place, pull imagery via UUCP. Trailies spoof UUCP natively, and they
deal nicely with bad connectivity. One could take that one step further
and bring back a bit of Usenet.