[TUHS] off-topic list

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Jun 25 11:38:56 AEST 2018

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018, Noel Chiappa wrote:

> It's perhaps worth noting that today's DNS is somewhat different from
> the original; some fairly substantial changes were made early on
> (although maybe it was just in the security, I don't quite recall).

The only updates I've seen to BIND in recent years were security-related,
not functionality.  Yeah, I could switch to another DNS server, but like
Sendmail vs. Postfix[*] it's better the devil you know etc...

That said, if I had to set up a brand new server then it would be in
parallel with the old one for a while, serving a different set of domains
so that I won't care if I screw things up (I've got quite a few domains
that I could subscribe to existing lists in parallel).

[*]
And I won't even consider switching to EMACS from VI :-)

-- Dave