[TUHS] Clever code (was Re: Re: Stdin Redirect in Cu History/Alternatives?

segaloco via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Tue Dec 13 09:10:08 AEST 2022

Well this has certainly piqued my curiosity on QNX.  One of my more long-term projects is to write a kernel (micro or otherwise), initially for RISC-V that can, if nothing else, serve as a springboard for my own projects.  I've thus far just been using AT&T and BSD UNIX kernels for research and inspiration, with a peek at Darwin every now and then to see how Apple/Mach does things, but could certainly stand to broaden my horizons.  That said, if I was to straight up port something as an exercise, I'd probably go for V7 given its ubiquity and the fact that work done there would likely serve as a good template for doing the same with other AT&T and BSD variants.  Plus, I think someone's already gone and done a V6 port to RISC-V, so I'd have stuff to refer to.

- Matt G.