[TUHS] run commands at login in v6 and stty

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 09:12:39 AEST 2022

Cpp was definitely in v6, and I'm pretty sure it was in earlier editions.
The first pass of the C compiler would invoke it if the first byte of the
source file was a '#'. However, the early version only did #define and
#include. It was rewritten for v7, I believe, introducing the catastrophe
of #ifdef, while the existential horror of #if was later still, foisted on
us by someone not in Research.

-rob