[TUHS] Document management in Unix, back in the day?

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri May 13 11:09:00 AEST 2022

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022, John Cowan wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 12:39 PM Seth J. Morabito <web at loomcom.com> wrote:
>
> Besides, it's fun to scribble notes all over printouts and Xeroxes :^)
>>

> I mark up a printout with scribbles ("hourglasses and arrows and a
> documentation resource for each one, sayin' what they was about, to be used
> in evidence against us"[*]) and then re-transcribe them into the original
> electronic doc.  I wish I had a better approach that wasn't so
> environmentally destructive, but I just don't notice errors as easily when
> they're just on the screen.

Have you looked into e-ink tablets?  The reMarkable series seems to be
pretty popular.  I recently got a Boox Nova Air e-ink tablet, works
great as an e-reader, but it also has a pretty decent PDF editor built
in that lets you scribble all over PDF docs like they're paper.

--
Michael Parson
Pflugerville, TX