[TUHS] Early UNIX Explor Support?

Ken Thompson kenbob at gmail.com
Tue May 23 10:07:17 AEST 2023

explor is (was) a graphical language by ken knowlton.
it ran offline on the mainframe and produced a mag tape
to be run on a machine called tapex. the tapex machine
exposed micro-film that had to be developed and printed.

not the quickest turnaround.

anyway, i wrote a unix version of explor that printed directly
on a tek display terminal. it was never really used for
anything. somewhere, i have polaroids of pictures of
explor output on the tek.