[TUHS] Another awk version is now available

Will Senn via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Fri Sep 25 04:35:09 AEST 2026


Nice. I used mks in the early 90's to get unix tools on dos (if I recall 
it was mostly rcs and basic tools), later it was cygwin, but I liked mks.

Will

On 9/24/26 9:52 AM, Aharon Robbins via TUHS wrote:
> If anyone wants to have Yet Another Awk Version available for their
> testing: https://github.com/arnoldrobbins/mksawk
>
> This awk was originally written by Mortice Kern Systems in the 80s
> sometime. Solaris adopted it for their POSIX awk, and it was released
> with OpenSolaris.
>
> I took this code from Illumos and made the minimal changes to get it
> to build without errors. It passes a "hello, world" smoke test,
> including handling Unicode multibyte characters.
>
> I'll probably arrange to announce this on comp.lang.awk sometime soon.
>
> I originally did this like in 2006, and decided to start over with
> the current code before publishing it on github.
>
> Arnold


More information about the TUHS mailing list